Wednesday, August 10, 2022 ~ 6:30 – 8:00pm
St. Peter Community Center, Room 219, St. Peter MN
Join us for an informational forum on meat processing and family farm agriculture. We will:
· Discuss what is being done to expand market opportunities for Minnesota meat producers and to create a more diversified, resilient meat supply – beef, pork, sheep, lamb, poultry, goat.
· Highlight what was passed in the 2022 MN State Legislature for family farmers – drought relief, soil health, and emerging farmer programs.
· Discuss Forever Green and other initiatives that help Minnesota farmers be more resilient in the face of a changing climate.
· Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, discussing meat processing, market competitiveness and anti-trust enforcement.
· Anne Schwagerl, MN Farmers Union Vice President, Prairie Point Farm, Browns Valley – farming with sustainable practices, perennial grains and MN Farmers Union’s work on meat slaughtering and processing.
· Sen. Nick Frentz, Assistant Minority Leader, MN State Senate (D-Mankato)
· Jeff Brand, HD 18A DFL candidate, St. Peter, discussing state legislative measures affecting meat processing, family farming, soil health and beginning and emerging farmers.
Moderated by Theresa Keaveny, Chair, DFL Rural Caucus, this forum is free and open to the public. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.